Inspired by motorsports, driven by craftsmanship, and engineered for exclusivity – BRM is pure racing spirit. Designed with exceptional technical precision and never mass-produced, the company’s timepieces exemplify true luxury, and as the only French watchmaking manufacture, BRM is synonymous with individuality. Introducing outstanding, one-of-a-kind watches every year, BRM has built global relationships with racing’s elite, establishing a presence in more than 20 countries.
Like an athlete or racer, founder Bernard Richards focuses on perfecting his performance though excellence of detail, producing small series of original timepieces tailored to client specifications. Having learned the art of watchmaking from his family, many of the world’s most recognized brands have relied on Richards’ expertise, discreetly seeking his guidance and technical perspective. His unique industry experience led Richards to create his own label, and after devoting two years to experimentation and development, he delivered BRM’s inaugural chronograph and opened the company’s headquarters near Paris in 2003.
Renowned for crafting complex products that competitors are unable to match, BRM combines nano-technology with hands-on assembly, and the watchmaker’s mechanical sophistication has garnered high-profile partnerships with legendary organizations including:
• ABARTH & Co.
• FORZA Challenge Car Racing
• Gulf Oil
• Historic Sportscar Racing
• One Lap of America
• Pirelli World Challenge
• World Series by Renault
Motorsport luminaries like Marco Andretti, Ray Evernham, Simon Pagenaud, Derek DeBoer, Leslie Porterfield, and many more have also partnered with the company, collaborating with BRM to release special timepieces or teaming up with the watchmaker on the track.
Committed to crafting the ultimate wristwatches for racing enthusiasts, as well as collectors seeking rare and genuine pieces, Richards continues to be influenced by the luxury motorsport lifestyle. Now celebrating a decade in business with the 2014 launch of four record-breaking timepieces and the unveiling of the company’s first jewelry line, BRM Joaillerie, the watchmaker is entering a new era of innovation. Dedicated to quality over quantity, BRM’s peerless approach to production features dynamic technical advances including:
• Timepieces produced without the use of pending by crafting elements exclusively through the removal of material, yielding watches with a perfectly preserved molecular structure.
• Industry-leading cases created with 18 individual elements, versus only two to three parts utilized by most watchmakers.
• Separate manufacturing processes for lugs and case pieces, making it possible to assemble customized watches in a uniquely diverse mix of materials and colors.
• Dials configured from more than 20 tracings, as well as strap buckles comprised of no fewer than 12 components.
• Hands customized and manufactured in-house, including the company’s signature design, as inspired by the perforated pedals found in racecars.
• Manual processes for critical operations including fitting, assembling, setting, and polishing, all of which are performed by hand
• Corvette Racing
Visit BRM-Manufacture.com to learn more about the company’s one-of-a-kind timepieces, and craft your own customized watch with BRM’s online configurator.