Maison Messika offers the option to personalize your jewelry by engraving it with the inscription of your choice (up to 22 characters).
Only some of Maison Messika’s rings can be engraved according to technical and aesthetic constraints.
Like all precious jewels, a Messika creation is delicate and must be handled with care. To extend the life of your jewelry, we recommend following the guidelines and precautions for use which follow this page.
How should I take care of my jewelry?
Your Messika jewelry is precious: any impact or friction can damage it. A diamond can scratch a piece of metal or another diamond. In spite of its durability, a diamond is still a stone and can break under impact. When you wear your jewelry, avoid any kind of impact or friction as much as possible.
Don't forget to take off your jewelry:
- When you wash your hands, apply perfume or use a cream. If particles get lodged in the pavé, they will be difficult to remove and will tarnish your jewelry.
- For household chores, gardening or other manual activities: repeated contact with household detergents and corrosive products can damage gold.
- When you play sport, visit the beach or go swimming. Intense activity can lead to impacts, which can scratch metal and damage claw settings.
What should I do before wearing my jewelry?
Before you put your jewelry on:
- Check that the fastening on your necklace or bracelet works without any issues,
- Check the central stones by shaking your jewelry slightly. For the pavé, move your finger over the stones. If you hear a faint sound or feel the stones move, we recommend that you do not wear your jewelry and get the setting checked.
In case of any doubt, we recommend that you do not wear it and take it to a Messika store or to one of our authorized retailers to be checked over.
Where should I keep my jewelry?
When it isn’t being worn, your jewelry should be kept in its Messika case or wrapped in a soft pouch to protect it from any impact or scratches. Precious jewelry can be scratched when it comes into contact with other jewelry.
We recommend only keeping one piece of jewelry in each case to prevent any kind of friction.
When you put a chain necklace or bracelet away in its box, always make sure you fasten your jewelry first to prevent any knots.
How should I clean my jewelry?
To make the diamonds of your jewelry sparkle, we recommend scrubbing them gently with a small brush with soft bristles in warm water and washing up liquid. This type of cleaning will help remove small dirt and dust particles without damaging your jewelry.
If, despite cleaning, the moving diamonds of your Move jewelry don't seem to move as well as they used to or if your jewelry is tarnished, take it to a Messika store or to one of our authorized retailers. Depending on the condition of your jewelry, our Workshop will restore its shine or look into the possibility of new polishing-rhodium plating.
All Messika jewelry is packaged in a case and an outer box in the Maison’s colors.