ALFRED HELWIG SCHOOL OF WATCHMAKING
The continuous transfer of theoretical knowledge along with comprehensive practical training have always been one of the pillars of the Glashütte watch industry. For Glashütte Original it is particularly important to maintain this tradition. The watch experts of tomorrow are educated today in the firm's own Alfred Helwig School of Watchmaking – in a building of historic significance
Every year in Glashütte Original's Alfred Helwig School of Watchmaking, future watchmakers and toolmakers take up their challenging course of studies. In doing so they connect the past with the future: the building in the heart of the town once housed the German Watchmaking School Glashütte, founded in 1878. Today, state-of-the-art facilities and traditional watchmaking expertise come together in well-lit classrooms to lend time in Glashütte its youthful face.
|Young talents in historic surroundings
In 1881, the German Watchmaking School moved into its premises in central Glashütte - today home to the German Watch Museum and the Alfred Helwig School of Watchmaking.
You can find more information about the Alfred Helwig School of Watchmaking and our training program here >